I also thought of dividing the book into sections. Each section would have a different kind of stock.
The 3 sections are as follows:
- General information about letterpress
- Quotes from designers, typographers etc.
- Quotes from letterpress printers - death of letterpress
The stock was bought from Transasia Fine Papers Pvt. Ltd. This is the list of stock that was tested out for the final book:
- Conquerer Diamond White 250gsm
- Shiro Echo Bright White 250gsm
- JC Colorscope Pristine White 270gsm
- Village White 280gsm
- Rives Traditional Ice White 250gsm
- Conquerer Iridescent Silver Mist 250gsm
- Curious Metal Galvanised 250gsm
These are some of the test prints.
Another test print which is more of a design than content that gives you information. The pattern has been made using a "tombstone". (Wikipedia Article: Tombstone [Typography] )
The Rives Traditional Ice White 250gsm being used for one of the sections.